Personal information that we collect
Personal information is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The personal information that Avanoo collects is basic information about the individual user such as name and email address.
We may collect additional information, which however can be anonymized and unlinked from the above personal information including but not limited to:
- Reflections, actions, momentum stories and journal entries
- Encouragements received and sent on the platform
- Program and video viewing history
- Self-reported check-in data
- Growth Buddies • Group membership
- Custom Fields attached to each individual user
How we collect your personal information
Avanoo collects personal information (name and e-mail address) from you upon your registration for our services [and/or account creation]. We collect any additional information about you when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website or mobile application and when we provide our services to you. We may receive your personal information from third parties (data controllers). If we do, we will treat it and will protect it as set out in this Policy and our contracts with those third parties.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information based on your explicit consent you have provided to a third party - data controller for the processing of that information.
How we use your personal information
Avanoo will use the personal information collected from you:
- administer your account with us and provide you with our services;
- to respond to your inquiries and deliver reminder e-mails to you;
- to provide you with information regarding updates and changes to our Website, our Terms of Service or any services we offer or provide through it;
Avanno will use any other information about you collected by us as follows:
- to help facilitate the learning process and improve our services;
- to access the learning curve and process of the individual users upon use of our services;
- to provide an aggregate view of how a team is performing
- to enable employees see their own growth over time
- to enable employees connect with and encourage each other as they complete Avanoo programming
- to enable analytics on the platform
We will retain your personal information for as long as you use our website, application and services and you participate in our programming. You have the right to request that your personal information is permanently removed from our system and database at any time. Such request will be accommodated within 14 days.
Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, however, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties if required by a court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request. We may also disclose your personal information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avanoo and/our users or others.
Cookies and tracking technologies
Security of your personal information
Avanoo is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We have implemented suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind state-of-the-art firewalls.
- We restrict access to only personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations;
- Areas of our website that collect personal data use advanced Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption;
- Avanoo backs up all client data in multiple data centers within Amazon AWS, enabling speedy recovery in case of a disaster;
- We test the process of recovering data from backups monthly, ensuring that recovery is effective in the case of an emergency;
- Whenever possible we will make sure we anonymize or pseudonymize all personal or related data (not including names and e-mail addresses).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Access to your personal information
We will provide you with access to your personal information that we store to the extent it is available and allow you to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits the users of this Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 3269 28th Street Boulder, CO 80301.
Children under age of 13
This Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information received from a child under 13, please sent an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: 3269 28th Street Boulder, CO 80301.
Last updated: May 23 2018